Survival plants are found everywhere! Getting to know your local plants can help spice up your lunch and save your life! Wild plants can fulfill a broad variety of survival needs including:
- Nutrients and calories to fuel your body
- Building insulating material and material for shelters
- Wood for fire and an array of tools
- Medicines to help treat as well as prevent sicknesses
- Materials to make cordage
- Survival Precedence
One way to look at survival plants and their uses is based on the four basic survival priorities. These are typically considered to be ordered in order of priority as follows: water, shelter, fire and finally food. Plants can be useful for taking care of many of the survival precedences. Also, distinct parts of the same plant during different seasons can be helpful for various survival needs.